LCC7 University of Calgary Information
Amenities on Campus
MacEwan Student Centre is located north of the Rozsa Centre, and among other things, houses a convenience store, the campus bookstore, a pharmacy, and a food court.
- The food court can be found on the second floor of MacEwan Student Centre. Vendors include: Dairy Queen/Orange Julius, Bake Chef Vietnamese Sub, La Prep, Coffee Company, Korean BBQ House, Umi Sushi Express, Carl’s Jr., Fuel for Gold, La Taqueria, Tim Hortons, A&W, Oriental Wok, Noodle & Grill Express, Pita on the Run, Kobe Beef, Opa!, Subway, and Jugo Juice. Most vendors are open days, evenings, and weekends.
- Stör is a Student Union run convenience store in the MacEwan Student Centre that sells bus tickets, phone cards, newspapers, sandwiches, drinks, snacks, etc. Hours of operation are Monday to Friday 7:30am-11pm | Saturday 8am – 9pm | Sunday 11am-5pm.
- The University of Calgary Bookstore is located on the first floor of MacEwan Student Centre. Hours of operation are Monday to Friday 9am-6pm | Saturday 10am-5pm | Sunday closed.
- Varsity Pharmacy, located in MacEwan Student Centre, offers a variety of health and hygiene products. Hours of operation are Monday-Friday 8:30am-6:30pm | Saturday and Sunday (usually) closed.
- Walk-in medical services are available through the campus Wellness Centre. Hours of operation are Monday-Thursday 9am-7pm | Friday 9am-4:30pm | Saturday and Sunday closed.
- The Last Defence Lounge is an on campus restaurant/pub operated by the Graduate Students’ Association. It is located on the third floor of MacEwan Student Centre. Hours of operation are Monday-Wednesday 11am-11pm | Thursday & Friday 11am – 12am | Saturday and Sunday closed.
- The Den is an on campus restaurant/pub operated by the Students’ Union. It is located on the first floor of MacEwan Student Centre. Hours of operation are Monday, Tuesday, and Friday 11:30am-10pm | Wednesday 11:30am-11pm | Thursday 11:30am-1am | Saturday and Sunday closed.
Wireless Internet access is available to visitors by connecting to the AirUC-Guest network. Instructions for connecting can be found here: connecting to AirUC-Guest.
The University of Calgary participates in the eduroam network. For seamless internet access on campus, all conference guests are encouraged to set up eduroam profiles from your home institutions, if possible, before travelling. This is a one-time-per-device process that will work at any participating institution worldwide.
Please contact campus security if you feel your safety is at risk or if you see anything suspicious.
Contacting Campus Security
- Phone: 403-220-5333
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: http://www.ucalgary.ca/security/
While on campus, you can keep notified about any potential security updates or issues by downloading the UC Emergency app. UCalgary Campus Security offers a Safewalk service 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Safewalk volunteers walk people to any destination on campus. Find out more information or request a Safewalk but visiting UCalgary’s Safewalk website (http://www.ucalgary.ca/security/safewalk).